Originally Posted by irfubar
Jordan you are being very diplomatic with cjc73.... you are much nicer than me....

My first post to him was a simple question:
(Do you believe you would be as "effective " on a shot beyond your holdover distance as a guy with a scope that dials accurately?)

And he replied :
Yes, but i hold myself to a certain distance while hunting. Don't always have time to dial while hunting.

I didn't ask him about hunting..... he made assumptions... then accused me of that.....

He was being condescending little prick......

Because Jordan has a sense of intelligence and can carry on a civilized conversation. You're the prick in this whole thing.... i didn't assume anything. i answered your question and followed it up with some clarification on my end.

So to make it clear for you simpleton.... take me with my hold over and a guy dialing.... at 400 yards... yes, i'd be just as effective as the guy dialing for 400 in a hunting situation. if competition, then no (but I wouldn't be using this rifle either). Is that better?

As for the comment on ... oh what if its 401? We all have to make a call as to when to attempt a shot you're comfortable with, 400yds is a rough limit i hold myself to while hunting, others may go farther, good for them.. I'd take the 401yd shot if the conditions were right. Every situation is different. I may not take a shot at 300yd if i didn't feel comfortable with the situation.

I have other guns i hunt with with holdover marks and use them effectively too. I have target guns with dial scopes to shoot farther at inanimate objects. This started as a my rifle with a Leupold scope, thats it, one example. Was not meant to encompass the entire world of shooting sports. I hope that clears things up. Good day all....

Last edited by CJC73; 07/16/19.