Originally Posted by Youper
I'm still waiting on my first Leupold failure.

Nightforce et al. are not an option due to cost.

The only Leupold problem I consistently run into is the locking nut of the ocular bell won't stay tight on many of my Leupolds. Were they to fix that I'd be completely happy.

This is where I am. Only I haven't yet had a big problem with the ocular lens adjustment lock ring.

I do acknowledge that my older Leupolds don't track real well. I have a VX-3 L that's all over the place until I get close to zero. But I'm not a knob twister, as I've said on here before. I set my scopes at the range and use hold over and Kentucky Windage in the field. However, my new VX-3is seem to track well. But that's at the range while zeroing in. Once I've got it Zeroed in I don't touch it. So I don't know how they'd do in the field twisting knobs.

I'm not getting rid of my Leupolds anytime soon. Like you say, NF and some of those others are cost prohibitive due to being on a fixed income.

On here it's Leupold Scopes. On my other favorite forum it's .270s that get bashed. I use both so I'm screwed one way or another. That's why I go back and forth between forums. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

Last edited by Filaman; 07/16/19.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!