^^^^^^^
My take on this thread , , , apparently Leupold had a webinar and called us, as a whole, a bunch of uninformed dummies. We managed to pretty well agree that's what they said, and we agreed we didn't appreciate it. About the best anyone had to say about Leupold's performance was "What did you expect? Are you surprised?" Not a good day for Leupold on the 'Fire.

Then, true to the 'Fire, some folks got all into each other's business about what constitutes ethical hunting and good shooting. Much of this centered on "dialing" vs. "holdover." Some apparently decided others were in fact uninformed dummies, although not for the same reasons Leupold did. If you managed to keep track of who was on what side, or if there were only two sides, you kept up better than me.

When a thread starts out talking about a train wreck, if the question is can we make a bigger, or at least different, train wreck . . . oh hell yes. This is the 'Fire, is it not?

Finally, I need to watch my Leupold scopes for zero shifts that may be small, but significant enough to cause me to miss on a long shot. I need to get good enough at reading the wind to determine if the shift is the scope or the wind that day. I can agree with that, because I will have to get pretty good at wind calls if I want to ethically shoot game animals way out there. There wasn't a lot of talk about wind in the long range discussions.

I left out some details, but I think that sums it up pretty well . . . so far.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"