Originally Posted by 16bore
Easy to spot Yankees...

You mean the victors, don't you?

Originally Posted by Henryseale
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Why are southerners still hung up on the Civil War?

No disrespect intended.

Southerners are the only Americans here that have lost a war. We made an honest effort at independence and after one hell of a fight, got beat down pretty bad. Not only our military and government, but our civilian population as well and our economy ruined. There was no Marshall Plan for the rebuilding of the South. Quite the opposite with the Reconstruction Period. We were a defeated nation in 1865. Done. Over with. Then systematically kicked and robbed of what little was left for years later. That does not do much to encourage much brotherly love and heal old wounds. I think that pretty much sums it up.

You sound like the Democrats after 2016.

What's that supposed to mean? The question was asked and I answered it with an honest observation. I see no comparison with the DemocRATS and the 2016 election results. That's not an apples and oranges comparison. That's more like trying to compare watermelons and walnuts.

It means I have no brotherly love for you or your griping about losing.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”