Originally Posted by battue
Just so you know I don’t hate you. I know you are an assshole, but I don’t hate you for it.

Originally Posted by JoeBob
We don’t hate you as long as you stay there, leave us the frick alone, and don’t tell us what to do. Do that and you’re fine. The thing is, Yankees never do that. They always know better.

This stuff directed at me or some other freakin Yankee? grin

Ok, I can understand Billy's motivation a little better. Ike hated the Germans, and Mac the Japanese, but regardless, neither ever deliberately targeted civilians.
Not all that different from Bloody Bill Anderson or Qauntrell. In their minds they were vengeance fighters too. Some guys can't tell the difference between acts of war and terrorism. Admittedly it's a fine line, but Nowadays they punish people for that.

"Grant was to go for Lee, and I was to go for Joe Johnson" Sherman on the conference he and Grant had in Cincinnati before Grant left for Washington.
Notice any differences in your quotes of Sherman versus mine?
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden