Originally Posted by Rugerfan4374
Most of the meat of the history of the Civil War is always left out, the victor always gets the right to write history. If you really dive into what the men that fought that war thought, by reading some of the letters that these men wrote, you may see the war in a whole different light. I don't mean the historic accounts of the officers either. The controversy of the Civil war will always live on in the hearts of people. The era in our history produced violence and hatred that is still thriving even today.

I sometimes wonder when people talk about " it is their heritage" if they are actually talking about the Civil War or the Jim Crow era, where segregation began being enforced well after the end of the war.

I am not trying to stir the pot, but then again I am. I find some of information and opinions of a war that ended 154 years ago very interesting. I have my own opinions and I have read a ton of information about the civil war, but I am in no way an expert on the subject.

Oh and the question of what would have happened if the South had won, who knows, we may be speaking German or Japanese these days. Just my opinion.

In my mind it is time to let the past be the past, we don't owe anybody anything for what decisions our ancestors made back in that time. The issue of slavery is now just being used to create sympathy and attention for those that refuse to get out their and overcome the odds and the circumstance that they find themselves in. Those that refuse to rise above the situation and make life better for themselves. Those that are looking to cash in on the suffering of their ancestors.

I will not be one of those that will be apologizing for my ancestry or skin color anytime soon, what my ancestors did is what they did, and in no way shape or form will I be held accountable for their actions or beliefs. This is coming from a guy that has ancestors who fought and died on both sides of the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.

One thing about the Civil War is that the loser has got about as many books out as the victor.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."