Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
He's trolling.

But in the spirit of brotherhood I'll give my unwarranted $.02. I don't really agree with folks living in one state and owning recreational property in another. It's one thing to have a vacation home or whatever. But then the scams come in with residency and resident tags and taxes et al. If it's so grand then [bleep] live there. Property taxes on non resident owners should be in my humble opinion of many orders of magnitude higher than them that actually live there. Cali aside, same holds true anywhere. There many examples out there where local folk born and bred can't afford to buy a house in the town they grew up in, simply because the price of real estate has gotten retarded from shidt eating [bleep] that make bank in a high cost of living area, then retire and bring there out of state money and politics with them to their "rural paradise" that they then turn into mini______ .

Not a popular sentiment I know, but I'll back it.

As much as Montanans claim to hate Californians, I am really surprised nothing has been done regarding carpet baggers and property taxes.

As I've been told, it aint just locals not being able to afford houses where they grew up (happens everywhere) but locals having to get a second or third job to afford the property taxes on the family homestead after someone pays high dollar for a place down the street.

Seems you folks would wanna pass laws that prevent higher taxes, but apparently not?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.