Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
He's trolling.

But in the spirit of brotherhood I'll give my unwarranted $.02. I don't really agree with folks living in one state and owning recreational property in another. It's one thing to have a vacation home or whatever. But then the scams come in with residency and resident tags and taxes et al. If it's so grand then [bleep] live there. Property taxes on non resident owners should be in my humble opinion of many orders of magnitude higher than them that actually live there. Cali aside, same holds true anywhere. There many examples out there where local folk born and bred can't afford to buy a house in the town they grew up in, simply because the price of real estate has gotten retarded from shidt eating [bleep] that make bank in a high cost of living area, then retire and bring there out of state money and politics with them to their "rural paradise" that they then turn into mini______ .

Not a popular sentiment I know, but I'll back it.

Reckon we're guilty of just that you speak. Waaay back when my sister was NCAA and FIS competitive we bought a place in Squaw Valley so she could experience/train on diametrically different snow than we get here. Met lots of locals who couldn't afford to ski or live locally, or certainly not on the lake. Sold it after 12 years for a freaking obscene profit...and brought that money back home to Idaho, where we are now six generations, been here since 1904... I killed some nice deer and bear there, and don't apologize for it a bit.

So, is me investing money in California, all the while working for conservatism and Constitutionalism, the same as liberal sleazebags buying here in my state, or in yours, trying to bring their values the same as I did back then?

To me the answer boils down to the fight. I believe I'm right so have no guilt. "They" think I'm wrong so have no guilt.

That many, even here, don't realize the depth and importance of that fight, and are apologetic to the enemy makes me hang my head. I read on here where guys say their wives, siblings, etc are liberals, and they put that blood or friendship before ideology...and I fear we may be lost...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...