Originally Posted by Higbean

As much as Montanans claim to hate Californians, I am really surprised nothing has been done regarding carpet baggers and property taxes.

As I've been told, it aint just locals not being able to afford houses where they grew up (happens everywhere) but locals having to get a second or third job to afford the property taxes on the family homestead after someone pays high dollar for a place down the street.

Seems you folks would wanna pass laws that prevent higher taxes, but apparently not?

Not just Cali, but it is low hanging fruit smile. Money talks. The towns see dollar signs when taxes go up, and they don't seem to give a phugg about anything else. That's why so many areas are getting so very congested, over built, and too expensive for most to live.

Originally Posted by kellory

You're right, every major league sports figure should live where they work too, no more traveling for games, they can just phone it in and work from home..... right,?

You truly are retarded. I don't follow any pro sports and haven't since I was a kid. Roid monsters getting millions to play a game lol. But for arguments sake, if a player was signed to a team, why wouldn't they live in the locale that hired them?

Originally Posted by Journeyman

Reckon we're guilty of just that you speak. Waaay back when my sister was NCAA and FIS competitive we bought a place in Squaw Valley so she could experience/train on diametrically different snow than we get here. Met lots of locals who couldn't afford to ski or live locally, or certainly not on the lake. Sold it after 12 years for a freaking obscene profit...and brought that money back home to Idaho, where we are now six generations, been here since 1904... I killed some nice deer and bear there, and don't apologize for it a bit.

So, is me investing money in California, all the while working for conservatism and Constitutionalism, the same as liberal sleazebags buying here in my state, or in yours, trying to bring their values the same as I did back then?

To me the answer boils down to the fight. I believe I'm right so have no guilt. "They" think I'm wrong so have no guilt.

That many, even here, don't realize the depth and importance of that fight, and are apologetic to the enemy makes me hang my head. I read on here where guys say their wives, siblings, etc are liberals, and they put that blood or friendship before ideology...and I fear we may be lost...

Congratulations on your investment?

I'm not saying it should be illegal, just taxed at an astronomical rate.

MAGA