Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Well,.....let's see. If time began as a consequence of the big bang,...it would seem to me that the age of the universe depends on where one might be in the universe. At the outer edge of the expansion it's somewhere around 1/10th of a second old. Outside of the edge of the expansion, it hasn't happened yet.

There is no "outer edge" or "outside" of the universe. Everything is inside it.

Upon what do you base this opinion? It sure does not come from science. Science is the result of observation.

It's part of the Big Bang Theory and was observed by Penzias in 1964. He won the Nobel Prize for that.

So it "comes from science."

This is absolutely ridiculous. It contradicts Hubble's redshifts. In the 1920's his discovery showed the Milky Way is in the center of the universe. This was again observed in the 1970's and again in the 1990's. If there is a center there is an edge to this expanding universe.

NO IT DOESN'T, you moron.

Red shift is created by velocity of objects WITHIN the universe.

The 1920s observations showed that there were two possibilities (a) that we were at the center of the universe OR (b) the universe is expanding. It was shortly discovered that it was expanding.

I have no idea what you are talking about re 1970s or 1990s.

Arguing with you is like the US military arguing with New guinea natives during WWII. The natives observed planes landing at landing strips and sought to con=struct eimilar "traps" to catch the "big birds" that brought all the goodies.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.