Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Starman
in Job, Satan encourages or talks God into allowing him to inflict calamities on the man, ..and God agrees.

christians see Satan more as an autonomous force opposed to God , rather than an agent subordinate to Gods will.

Unlike rabbinic jews , kabbalistic Jews like christians really go for the Satan thing and offer a rich and detailed
portal of evil, demons ,spirits, etc.

Satan is the symbolic personification of mans resistance or barrier in submitting to divine will.

And the Jews ripped him off from the Zoroastrians.

Seems that many scholars believe that Zoro was born about 650 BC ..... more like likely that Zoro ripped many ideas from Judaism, not the reverse.

Your off about 14 centuries, but that's what I've come to expect from you.

Nope, you’re way off target. Just what I would expect for you. Take a look at Wikipedia.... Zoroastrianism does not even enter the record until 5 centuries BC.

Secular scholars are trending to the 650 BC date and the notion that he lived in1700 BC is not supported.

Edit.... https://www.britannica.com/biography/Zarathustra

It's considered the oldest Monotheistic religion, and like Judaism, likely had it's roots in older polytheistic religions of the area.
https://www.history.com/topics/religion/zoroastrianism

As for the legends of Zoroaster himself, considering the range of claims considering when and where he was born, I consider it unlikely he existed as a discrete individual, but Satan was borrowed from the Zoroastrians during the first diaspora in Babylon, we have the evidence of how their text evolved during and after their stay.

There's been many rewrites and evolution during the 2500 years of your religion, and even more if you include the history of it's predecessors that lead up to it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell