Originally Posted by DigitalDan
The H&R Topper in .410 was the foundation of shooting education for both my brother and myself. Gun is still in the family, near about 65 years old at this point and still in good functioning state. It's primary target these days is iguanas and it hasn't lost an argument yet. And ya, I've killed pigs with it. And doves, quail, ducks, bunnies and squill. A bunch of them.

my first shotgun was a 20guage H&R topper at about age 10, first quail shot with that. foolishly a few years later i traded it in on a 870 16guage wanting more fire power. Always regretted that, which is the reason every time i run across one, if the price is right, i buy it.

I have a number of .410's. I have migrated down from 12guage to .410 for popping dove, etc. Just a lot more fun to me.
one of my favorites belonged to an old woman that had to get rid of her guns moving into a rest home. It is a breakopen single shot .410 that when opened barrel folds over into the bottom of the buttstock. just perfect for the floor of the truck.
it would have been built during the early part of the last century. come to think of it, it did do a squirrel in a couple of years ago.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO