Originally Posted by kevinJ
I use one almost exclusively for quail hunting with a friend of mine. We have very few wild quail here. All the birds we shoot are pen raised. He has good dogs and we can spread the birds over a lot of acreage to make it enjoyable.

Why do I use one? Because he gave me a very nice side by side in 410 and I found I enjoyed using it. Most of our shots are within 25 yards, and I have no issue using it vs a 20g. Even killed chukar with it many times without issue.

Pheasant, definitely leaves a lot to be desired. I have shot and dropped them, but most of the time they get up and run. So I carry the 20g when pheasant are out also. I also would have never considered it when I still grouse hunted.

Do I use it because I feel I’m a expert, or for nostalgia? Nope. I just tried the gun and liked/shot well with it

My 9 year old used it this year for the first time to shoot at some clays. I hand threw them and made them easy. Took a minute but he finally started to hit some. He can’t handle a 20 yet. As soon as he can that’s what he is going to

I killed one Pheasant (in flight) with a 410 just to say I did it. Then I happily went back to my 12 gauges where I still remain today.