My first experience with a .41 was when I was 11 years old. I was visiting a friend who had one, a 24 Savage with Tenite stock. We were out wandering around with it and I shot a sparrow with it. First thing I ever shot with a shotgun.

My father used a 42 Winchester for snowshoe rabbits for a while. I'd love to have one of those.

Back in the '70's, my brother and I had quite a pack of running Walkers. Every weekend in the winter we would be out running coyotes and foxes. One day we took a local bar owner with us. He was a coon hunter and thought he'd like to try this other hound activity. We put him on a watch and, the first race that day, a red fox ran by him and he killed it. When I went around to round up the dogs and pick him up, I noticed his gun....a single shot .410. I asked him, "Jim, is that a .410." "Yeah," he said, "your brother told me to use buckshot, but I couldn't find any .410 buckshot so I'm using slugs."

I have a .410 accessory barrel for my 99 Savage takedown .303. I took the .303 to Quebec caribou hunting a few years ago and, after I tagged out on 'bou, spend some time wandering the tundra killing spruce grouse with the .410 barrel. Great fun.

Mathew 22: 37-39