I was worse. I had to have the right shoulder replaced and they had to do a reverse implant and re-attach my bicep tendon. Both rotator cuff tendons were torn all the way thru.

First off, the nerve block in my neck caused the right side of my diaphragm to paralyze. . My O2 level dropped to 72 % the day after and I almost died. Spent the next day in cardiac arrest observation.

Surgery pain wasn't extreme, but PT was bitch. I did it for 6 weeks, my shoulder dislocated. I put it back in myself and then another 4 weeks of PT. Surgeon wanted to go back in and put a spacer in.I said screw that.

Almost two years out now.Shoulder is stiff in the morning. Aches when I walk with my arm hanging straight down and aches after I work it.I probably have about 90% ROM. I can' t lift things straight up above my head. I was told other muscles will take the place of the rotators. Yea Right.They will,but complain like hell when they do.

All in all, I guess it is better than your rm hanging down useless like it wasn't part of you.

Last edited by saddlesore; 11/28/19.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles