I had my 3rd rotator cuff surgery 3 months ago. If you do not already have one buy a recliner or borrow one now. The first week or so post surgery I spent sleeping in my recliner. My recliner has the recliner handle on the right side which made it difficult but not impossible to use. Ice packs will be your friend. I am 74 which does not help with the recovery but I am feeling much better now. I saw the Doc yesterday and he gave me his blessing to go duck hunting now. I am still restricted from lifting over 5 pounds above my shoulder level but no restrictions for lifting weight up to my waist. I had some bouts with pain post surgery and I used the large Solonpas Lidicane patches to help me get to sleep. I used the Hydrocone pills for a few days post surgery. They instructed to take the pain pills as needed as it helps recovery if you are not in severe pain. Follow your Doctors and Physical Therapist's advice and you should be fine. The doc that operated on me is one of the SJ Earthquakes soccer team physician.
Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Last edited by mjs3240; 12/03/19.