Originally Posted by AcesNeights
There’s definitely grizzlies in the North Cascades of Washington. For years the WDFW denied it and, like the wolf issue, they’d attribute sightings of them to a case of misidentification. I’ve seen wolves in the North Cascades and around Lake Chelan while my buddy and his wife saw a Grizzly on the PCT above Stehekin about 25 years ago. The state now, finally, acknowledges the existence of both in Washington. The collar studies I’ve read show that Grizzlies “immigrated” from Canadia along with wolves. Both have a propensity to wander and wander they do.

We’ve had moose walk through town (Wenatchee) and they’ve been spotted in habitat that is more conducive to antelope than moose headed towards the Tri-Cities. Some of the mountain goat they’ve collared and followed have covered amazing distances which is a great contributor to genetic health. I’ll have to look for the article but if I recall correctly the goats that traveled the greatest distances were mostly nannies.

As to Bigfoot......I’ve known several guys and I was close with a few of them that swear they saw Sasquatch. These were intelligent outdoorsmen the God-Family-Country kinda guys. They had no reason to lie and their body language indicated that they weren’t. In fact every single one of them were always reluctant to talk about it and most didn’t tell me, despite conversations about the topic, until after knowing them for some time.

Several years ago a guy I knew was up in the N. Cascades with his girlfriend when he saw one. Long story short he showed me the pictures of the tracks and re-created the event using the cellphone pictures to tell the story. I have no reason to doubt my friends, one of whom recently passed away and never changed his story.

There’s more out there that we don’t know than we do. 😉

I saw them (wolves) in the 90s..... I lived on the west side of Washington but made many trips to the gorge
at george, Stephens, mt. Baker up hwy 2..... a bunch of places and saw some wildlife.