Have spent 52 years of my 66 hunting in various parts of North America, Lots of time spent in the west. I have never been bothered by hunting wilderness areas alone week or 2 just me and a couple horses. Have always enjoyed the peace.
Was in extreme northwest Idaho near Continental Mountain this is a pretty remote spot. I had come back to my camp early and was getting some dinner ready and suddenly heard shouting, 20 min later out of nowhere comes 2 fellas both looked pretty damn scared and shaken. Neither of which was capable of formulating complete sentences and they both kept looking back at the woods. Told me they had been chased and followed by Bigfoot for the last 6 hours. I had the feeling then that both of them were telling me what they believed. The only thing that I heard was the sound of large pieces of wood being beaten on a log. What freaked me out was the sounds were coming from 2 directions as if a form of communication. When this began both of these fellas started going on about this is how it started. They wanted to go then and I explained I was staying right there overnight but would help them down in the morning. Nothing else happened that night and I helped them get back to the trail head and road. I still think about it from time to time, it was the looks on their faces that I remember, that look of pure fear. Not sure what they saw as I did not see it with my eyes. But I can say that they both truly believed what they saw was a Bigfoot. That was 1989.