Not my first choice for great accuracy out of the box, but they are good rifles, and very dependable. My last was a SS RSI that I sold to finance another notion. It was a real beauty, but my SS 455 outshot it. I've also owned a very early SS boat paddle. Again, a good rifle and tough as nails. Hard to say how accurate that one was, or could have been, as I've learned a bunch about .22s in the years since I had that one.

Two things that are easy to do and can help accuracy are shimming the bolt head and swapping the trigger spring for a lighter one. I also changed the angles on the sear on my RSI to improve the pull, but that's a little more involved. If the barrel on the one you're looking at isn't a good one though, nothing is going to help much, so it remains a crapshoot. The slip-fit barrels on the old ones are easy to change, but expensive, so it really comes down to how much you're willing to spend (risk) on it. If you like the rifle for its looks and feel, that may be enough for you, but there are probably safer, easier paths to a good shooter.

What was the asking price, and for which model?

What fresh Hell is this?