Kragman1: Don't believe everything you hear!
Put MORE faith in what you actually see with your own eyes and accomplish with your own hands.
I have several Ruger 77 rimfire Rifles including two in 22 L.R. and all of them are quite accurate!
Not only that but they are handsome, pretty well made, VERY reliable, fit me to a "T" and I am familiar with several more Ruger 77/22's owned by close friends/Hunting partners and they (and I!) wouldn't even consider selling them.
The 10 round, flush fitting, easy to load, handy, relatively inexpensive and indestructible rotary magazines the 77/22's use, absolutely HUMBLES anything now, or ever, made by CZ!
My Ruger 77/22 V/T with Weaver V-16 (4 to 16 power) scope is "deadly" accurate with Winchester 40 grain Power-Points!
I did do a trigger job on that extremely accurate Rifle but other than that it has shot VERY well from day one.
Having said these things (and I stand by them!), for NOTICEABLY less money you can get one of the Ruger American rimfires with heavy barrel, laminated stock and "adjusto" type trigger!
I own a few of these Ruger American Rimfire Varmints in various calibers and they all perform VERY well and use the same rotary magazines.
Best of luck to you with whichever you choose.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy