Mine is a first year model, bought about 6 months after they came out. Found it used at a nearby gunshop, Apparently the owner did not think it exciting enough. Ove the years it has become a long term project rifle. As it was one of the ones without open sights, first thing was to put a Leupold 4x rimfire scope on it which stayed there for for well over 35 years. Along the way I worked on the trigger, ending up with a Vorquartsen sear and the stock trigger, which now has a crisp 2.5lb pull. About 3 years I wanted a bit more accuracy and swapped the barrel for a Shilen sporter contour barrel, and shimmed the bolt. Now in my mid 70's I thought a bit better glass would help so swapped out the fixed 4x scope for a Leupold 3-9 rimfire adjustable objective with extended focal range scope. I actually picked up several of those scopes as they were being discontinued. Last time I shot it I was hitting about 5/8" groups at 50 yards. Someone younger and steadier could probably do better. Still pretty good for a sporter.