i have three of them, an early one, one from 91 and another later all-weather. they all shot pretty well without mods but can be made very accurate easily. on my go-to squirrel gun, i replaced the trigger with an adjustable one from dayton traister (30 bucks) and that made the most difference along with bushnell elite 4200 3-9x40 scope. it can now shoot penny sized groups at 50 yards regularly with cci minimags. the cheaper federal ammo is almost as good with the occasional flyer. the early one shoots almost as good with no mods at all so i never mucked with it. it is my sons. the all weather is in a wood stock and was free floated by a previous owner. it was the hardest to get right. i ended up shimming the barrel at the end of the stock and tightening the front action screw as tight as i could get it to put some pressure on the end of the barrel and it now shoots very good but both it and the oldest one would benefit from a trigger like my squirrel gun. i personally like the 77/22 better than the cz's because they are handier and have a more logical safety. i also like them because you can have a centerfire just like your 22. this was the reason i bought them for my boys. they are very well made and fit and finish are excellent.

My diploma is a DD214