Kragman1: There is a "gunsmith" here in Montana that has a "special chamber reamer" for 22 L.R. chambers. I have personally taken 5 (five) customers" to him over the years that had trouble with their heavy barrel Ruger 10/22's.
Their troubles were always the same - in the heat of Ground Squirrel shooting they got frustrated with their "tight chambered" heavy barreled Ruger 10/22's not extracting/ejecting consistently!
This gunsmith only charges $20.00 to remove the barrel and run his special chamber reamer in there and vois la the Ruger 10/22's ran (functioned) just fine after that.
Their Rifles were ready for shooting (re-sighting in) by the next day and one was ready later that afternoon.
Now I have NOT heard any complaints from my Varminting partners about their Ruger 10/22's becoming noticeably less accurate after this treatment so that may be another option.
I have two heavy barrel match chambered (tight chambered) Ruger 10/22's and I have not resorted to the "chamber loosening" myself.
I do deal with the occasional fail to extract situation manually (Leathermans fine, slotted screwdriver blade) in these guns.
Another Ruger 10/22 was not extracting/ejecting and that Rifle was cured by replacing the extractor, as the gun had been fired so much it just rounded off the supposed to be 90 degree lip of the extractor.
Look see if your extractor has been rounded.
Again best of luck with the nifty, quality, handsome and popular Ruger 77/22.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy