Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
Pappy348 I sure wish I had known you were selling that rifle. My all weather shoots very good, not bench rest good but 1/2” to 3/4 depending on ammo at 50 yards. I personally like the looks and the fit of these rifles. My 39A isn’t a bench rest accurate rifle either and it will fetch more money that the M77/22. It all depends on what you want out of the gun. Granted I go into my first M77/22 for under 300.00

That was a tough decision as it was a really nice little rifle, about a 3/4" shooter with a couple of loads. But I'm also enjoying what I bought with the proceeds, and hopefully the new owner is happy too.

The other 77/22 I've futzed with is one of the Target models. Installed a Timney sear on that one years ago, and recently shimmed the bolt. It's always been a decent shooter, but too dang heavy for me to tote around. Bought it for my son about 20-odd years ago. Now my grandson is whacking squirrels with it, but off a rest as it weighs about as much as one of his legs. That Timney sear is the quick and easy way to a better trigger, but my home-grown job was free and came out pretty slick.

What fresh Hell is this?