I guess I'm not naive enough! I been thinking the same thing!

WARNING: SOAP BOX AHEAD!!!

"This is an issue that I have with the “extreme long range” crowd that contends that this doesn’t happen! And if” the animal moves, it’s the shooters fault for the bad shot placement.....as the hunter was supposed to “read the animals mind”! memtb [/quote] "

I guess I'm just not naive enough. I've been thinking the same thing every since the "long range movement" started! None of the shows I know of have shown, or ever will show, the one that bolted as the trigger broke and was gut shot. You don't see the one where there was a puff of wind somewhere in the valley they were shooting across and the animal is gut shot. I watched those shows in awe when I first saw them but quickly thought about it and decided that for me, I respect the game too much to play those odds. I always thought the object was to see how close I could get not how far I can shoot.
Sorry to OP. I didn't mean to high jack the thread.

I am in love with lever action rifles and thankfully I hunt where I can use them without sacrificing range. My records indicate that my average shot is only about 60 yards. In these situations my Marlin 336 chambered for the lowly 35Remington cartridge ( or 375Win, 45/70, 38/55, 41 mag, 356Win, 30/30....) is no handicap at all. One of the most difficult to let go would be my steel frame BLR-81 in 358Win. Topped with a Leupold VX 3 2.5-8x gives me a bit more reach. I just can't boil it down to one!

Last edited by Goat; 01/18/20.

"I know you believe that you understand what you think that I said...
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
( A quote of my Father)