Originally Posted by huntstat
Back in the summer I was at the range shooting a new S&W AR15 at the fifty yard berm. Truck pulls up with two bearded muscled gentlemen who got out with an AR15. They asked if they could shoot too. I said "sure thing" and took my spotting scope over for them to use while I began packing up to leave. These guys knew what they were doing and did not take them long to be shooting a single ragged hole at the 50 yard target. The AR they were shooting they had just purchased from a local gunsmith. From their conversation I could tell they had a military affiliation. I did not ask if they were associated with the local fort but I was assuming that they might be since it is a live fire fort and hosts many types of soldiers. Light was fading fast and I was swatting mosquitos when they finished up and returned my spotting scope along with two PMAGS fully loaded with a "thank You". I was shocked and said, " I can't take these from you"....they chuckled and said, "Why not? You bought them." and left.

Was this near Chaffee?