I'm lucky. I shoot at a private range and often have the range to myself. Rarely more than 2-3 others there and I've never had a truly bad experience. But I won't go on Saturday or any time during the 2 weeks prior to deer season. If I go on Sunday I'm putting up targets in the dark and shooting at 1st light. We have an electronic gate with a code to get in so I don't have to wait for them to open. They don't mind setting up before daylight, just no shooting before sunrise, or after sunset. No one else shows up until about 10AM when I'm about finished. If I get there and there are already more than 2-3 I turn around and go home. I tend to see the same people, we seem to have the same schedules.

The range is closed on Monday's and if I go early on Tuesday I always have to spend a few minutes pulling down old targets from the weekend crowd. That is about the worst thing I have to deal with. I do see a few things that leave me shaking my head. Some guys can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside. I see some targets that are pretty bad. And I don't understand the concept of firing 20-30 rounds at the same target. The guys on the handgun range are the worst offenders for this. After the 1st few how do you know where you're hitting. I'll put up multiple targets and fire no more than 3-5 rounds at each. When there is a break I tape over my holes and do it over.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.