Same problems at almost all ranges. My recent experiences:
1. Range is called cold. Everybody checks targets. I come back up to the bench line before others and a range EMPLOYEE (paid to borescope and sightin rifles) has left a loaded rifle pointed down range, bolt open, ammo visible in in the mag ready to go. Good Lord! I stood by the rifle till he walked back up and kept him from picking it up or touching it till everybody got back to the line.

2. I'm shooting my muzzloader. It does take some time to reload. So, I'm standing there just removing my ramrod from seating my lead ball (gun vertical) and people just start walking down range. I yell "The range is NOT Cold. I have a loaded rifle here!" Range office had seen me and said he thought I was cleaning it. No, it was loaded and just need a cap. I chewed his butt out for 1. Not calling "Cease fire" loud enough I could hear it I was only 15 feet away. 2. Not making sure everybody heard it. 3. Calling the range cold when I was sill handling my rifle, which by the way was loaded but just not capped.

It's a matter of time before somebody gets shot there. Nice, well layed out range. Great facilities But just plain ignorant owners. I try to go when nobody else is around.