Originally Posted by ol_mike
There are 3 rifle ranges within 65 miles of here and i've realised i can't do load development and find an accurate load at any of them due too gunrange goofs .
All three ranges have the shooting benches all one piece 2 have the seats connected to the benches , so everytime someone next to you shoots or moves it shakes your crosshair. I've given them the name ''ammo-wasters'' they come to the 100 yards range and fire a shot about every two seconds using one of the pieces of treated 4x4 wood as a rest or shooting off their elbows . Never shooting a group inside of 7-10-20'' just bang bang bang . When they leave another one takes their place with his ak-sks-ar handfull of russian ammo . They need to let them shoot at the Dump for free so the rest of us can sight in a gun .
I've been trying to work up loads on some [should be] accurate rifles and have made no progress in a few years thanks to the goofs .

Myself and two other guys spoke with the Bay County shooting range about it - they're discussing how to go about the problem - we were not the first to mention this by a long shot according to them . So maybe after many wasted rounds by me because of the goofs i can get a 6.5x47 L shooting inside of 1.5'' --LAF .
Was looking over my group data this evening and got riled up when realising how long this has been going on .
I've had to leave to range many times when the goofs surround me , you can't talk nice to them and get them to show a small amount of consideration . 130 mile round trip drive and $10 range fee down the drain .

You folks living out west or people with a quiet [goofless] range have it made - here in craphole florida it sucks .

My condolences man. I cant imagine living in a place where i couldnt run out to the national forest or blm land with my portable bench and shoot as long as my heart is content. Shooting without interruption is really needed for shooting precise groups and working up loads. I feel for you. I can relate though. I went to my range the other day and it was chit poor weather. I thought no one would be there, but I was wrong. There were 5 guys under the covered rifle range and they were all standing up shooting their AR's. They littered the concrete slab with brass and left a mess. I was at the pistol range:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Shooting some of the steel targets that I made. Waited until about 45 minutes before dark and then the bozo's left the rifle range. Then I got my chit thrown in the back of my Tacoma and headed over to the rifle range to shoot my new 22lr target rifle:

In some of these pics, you can see the brass laying on the cement slab under the benches. Usually we keep that chit swept up, but these morons don't give a chit... They were the types that pull the trigger about every half second but rarely hit what they were aiming at......

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA