Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Please fill me in. Why the lack of respect for the Work of Paul?

Ignorance on multiple levels combined with a great deal of arrogance. Just wait for it to be on full display.
I can't help but LOL and +1. You'll even see this most eminent of Jewish scholars be accused of paganism. laugh

Kind of, but not really. They accused him of apostasy.

There was a group of Jewish preachers spreading the word that one must have faith AND follow the law of Moses. When Paul preached that the law was fulfilled and there was no longer an external binding on the believer that made him an apostate. Then saying it made you a slave AND was a law of condemnation to death, well, Paul doubled down on that.

I'm sure some of these Jewish preachers saw what was happening in the Christian church, like in Corinth, and accused Paul of endorsing it.

Then Paul condemned the bringing in of pagan practices in the church. The excited delirium and the sexual acts. That pissed off some of the Greek followers also. 1 Corinthians especially is aimed at that.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.