Originally Posted by krp

In Christ or man? yes and no... why does man think he has to add to Christ's teachings? It's the vanity of man that thinks he can improve Christ and it's this vanity that turns many away.

Christ is positive, Paul is negative, Christ is inclusive, Paul is exclusive, Christ is giving, Paul is punishment.

I do not have less understanding of Christ through the Holy Spirit because I do not follow Paul.

Kent

I apologize I wasn’t clear in my question.

I was asking if you believe in the inerrancy of Scripture, but your answer sounds like that’s a “no”?

At any rate, when I see what I believe to be a contradiction in Scripture I tend to fall back first on a lack of understanding on my part, a cultural sensitivity that sets me apart from the wisdom of God in His word as received therein, and a testimony to my need for continued study.

Christ has many exclusionary teachings that you and I would agree with... like His condemnation of the Pharisees. Likewise Paul has many inclusionary teachings that I assume we’d agree with like His insistence that “there is now neither Greek nor Hebrew; man nor woman, but all are one in Christ” or that a life in submission to Christ results in a life of holiness as encapsulated in the fruit of the Spirit.

At any rate good conversation as always Kent thanks I hope you everyone has a great Friday!