Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Tom264
Why the incessant need to start religious threads?
You know how they are going to end.

These guys push an agenda worse than the lgbtq's, they're turning folks AWAY from Christ, me being one, getting shlt rammed down your throat daily, will cause one to turn 180 degrees away from it!

With all due respect sir no one is ramming anything; when something I don’t care to read about pops up I don’t open the thread.

You’re a free thinking guy. Just float on by and enjoy your day!

I hope you have a good one!

No respect due to a dog like me, the Campfire HAS a secret squirrel handshake religious forum, why do you guys insist on posting this shlt daily in a sportsman's forum? if you believe you are charged with winning souls for Christ, you are doing exactly the opposite with the barrage of religious threads, I can also read the hypocrisy in different thread topics from the so called do-gooders. crazy

You guys are doing Christianity a disservice.

Very often the case. I see it kind of like someone advocating a new diet and fitness regimen. They claim its life changing and will make you a better person, and you'll be super fit and healthy. But, the people who talk about it most are fat,unhealthy and miserable people. Would you be inclined to want to try it? Probably not. What if they reassured it would work fine but they just didn't do a good job following it, causing them to be fat, unhealthy and miserable? Personally it wouldn't inspire much confidence in me that this lifestyle was really life changing and worth trying.

That's the way I see religion. If you can't walk the walk, its probably best not to talk the talk too much until such a time as you CAN walk. Claiming that "I'm not perfect just saved" doesn't inspire others to want to follow your example. In our countries a Bible is available anywhere, religious programs are free on tv and radio or the internet, and churches are plentiful. Spreading the word is really not necessary, but if you truly want to help people to live a better life, demonstrate how its done. I guarantee you no one is being converted by people being azzhats on the internet, but it sure will turn them away in a hurry.

Great post. Especially the last sentence. Unfortunately those who should read it and take stock probably wont.