A parable from RJY66.

One day a certain man setteth out to changeth the oil in his new Ford F-150. A sweet and comely ride it was, adorned with bells and whistles, gleaming paint, and possessing a great beast in the midst of it which could fly as a raptor and roar like the laughter of the almighty.

That same day as the man setteth about his work, his neighbor, who loved him, came about saying howbeit my brother, what project dost thou incline thy hand to this day? I giveth the beast fresh oil this day sayeth the man. Aye, it is meet sayeth the neighbor. Directly, he seeth five measures of syrup, each adorned with the image of an Ethiopian queen called Jemima. He asketh what of the syrup, art thou feeding pancakes to a multitude? Nay saith the man, I feed it to the beast in the midst of the ride. Greatly troubled the friend sayeth, who has bewitched thee? Knowest thou not that the great beast only liveth on the finest 0W-20 synthetic oil from the presses of Mobil? How knowest thou saith the man? The neighbor sayeth unto him where abideth the word of the covenant between thee and Ford....bring it thou forth. The man then entereth into the vestibule and bringeth forth the scroll of the covenant and giveth it to his neighbor. The neighbor taketh the scroll and turned to the place where it saith "use thou only 0w-20 fully synthetic oil blessed by the priests of ILSAC and the scribes of API" and showeth his friend, saying Verily thus saith it.

After reading it, the man saith to his neighbor be ye not vexed. I have in myself innate knowledge that the beast liveth also on syrup. Know ye not that the great Ford dieth 100 years ago and the writers of the covenant are acting of their own accord in his name to trouble they the bretheren? His neighbor sayeth unto him Verily thou doest greatly err. Thy hubris and arrogance hath caused thee to privily divide the words of the covenant and depart from sound teaching and descend thou into folly, ignoring thou the wisdom of both the covenant and our fathers who feedeth not their beasts syrup. The man answer and saith, know thou not the words of the covenant also saith in a certain place that the wheels of the ride if shod with 35 measures of air will give best performance and saith nothing of the feeding of the beast? Yes answereth the neighbor it is meet. Thou do well to neglect neither. For the covenant with the great Ford be not a buffet from which thou mayest pluck a fig or a pomegranate but its whole council must receive meditation and all its works heed so that thou mayest prosper.

Why judgest thou me saith the man? Art thou perfect in all thy ways? What I have determined I have determined and the beast dineth on syrup and not oil because I sayeth it. Go thou thy way before thou triggereth me. The neighbor, saddened, cast his eyes to the earth and saith thou believest neither me nor the words of the covenant, therefore I can be of no service unto thee. I goeth therefore forth to my house to watch the gladiators who vie against one another in the midst of the glowing box. If thou perchance needeth a ride on the morrow sendeth forth me an epistle. It will troubleth me not because thou shall not get far and we remaineth friends.

And he went on his way as he said, pondering in his heart the meaning of the things he had seen, troubled because he knew the great beast in the midst of the ride locketh up before eventide, no longer flying like a raptor or roaring like the laugh of the almighty. How long would his friend walketh to and fro on the face of the earth because of his folly? Would it be forever or only for a time? What manner of sorcery preventeth his simple message from getting through? He knoweth not the answer.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn