1 st Shiloh I ever bought was in 1991 and it was the one I all ways wanted since they started Shilohs up in Farmingdale, New Dork. Long Range Express 50-140 (3 1/4") std barrel it weighs 10 lbs and 3 oz. Full throttle loads will kill on both ends if'n you aren't ready for it. The 50 cal RCBS ppb was a favorite for years with 140 grs GOEX 1 Fg. When I started playing with more compression to get a crack instead of a boom and Cartridge grade my groups were looking better and acceptable. 50-140's are not target rifles but was able to get hits and a group at 800 yd Quigley buffalo that satisfied me. I was experimenting with multiple point compression and found it would accommodate 165 grs of Fg Goex Express. I found out that not only are there things in life you don't need to do twice but places you don't need to go once either. I can shoot it without a recoil shield but you don't want to make a habit out of that. I also found out the old Boy Scout motto" Be Prepared" is still damn good council, Extra Strength Tylenol 1/2 hr up front before you go to shooting works pretty damn good. I've shot a couple mule deer and 2 antelope as well as a full size buffalo cow with it and these days I shoot up some loads every once in awhile prior to hunting with it. Mostly I use my 40's and 45 Shilohs for target shooting these days cheaper on the pocket and easier on the body. Shoot the hell out of them, it's just plain fun and enriching. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "