Originally Posted by gunner500
Damn good stuff Kurt, been wondering where you've been, and yes, yourself and one other are the only one's that ever had anything positive to say about the Big 50, your rec of me setting my mould to throw a 1.5 inch 715gr paper patch bullet turned out to be true, my no match shooting self was able to fire 6 rounds into 10 inches at 700 yards, the rifle and load is capable of much better.

The challenge has been made and excepted, I will try and see if my 50 puts deer and pigs down as quick as my 40 and 45 cal Sharps rifles do, it will be a fun fall of hunting, a 750gr flat nosed bullet leaving at 1365 fps will NOT be recovered and will hit those game animals like a freight train loaded with pig iron, they wont go far, if anywhere.

Beautiful rifle Sir, Thanks for posting. smile

Gunner I'm glad it worked out for you also.
I have put many pounds of lead and cases of powder through Calamity enough that it wore out the washboard reamer marks out of the bore. I lost count when we had a primer shortage back in the 90's. I kept track of the rounds shot through that rifle by numbering the primer bricks I only used in that rifle and that was in the low 20 bricks. I never hunted live game with it but it left a lot of round lead dots on the iron critters.