In Alaska the ankle fit hip boots, usually LaCrosse, and the long HH Impertech coat were almost a uniform. Now I would go with Gore Tex Hip boots and a more conventional hiking/hunting boot that could take being wet.

Go with mostly wool and synthetics. If you get down items get the Hydro Tech treated ones that repel moisture. A vest and/or a light down sweater are nice if you stop to glass. Treat yourself to some Alpaca socks, I just get crew socks and use them for liners, Dahlgren has a good hiking model. These are 2-3 times warmer than wool and wick and dry faster. You can put a fresh pair over wet feet and they are warm again in minutes. I would double up on rain gear with a light two layer gore tex jacket and then the HH Impertech for heavy rain. The gore tex for wet brush, or if you take a spill, or are in a boat.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli