I used rubber boots that I got from Gander Mountain on my Newfoundland moose hunt, as long as their comfortable (for you, not what feels good for anyone else) you should be fine. I hunted pretty much everyday in rain pants, I took a heavy Cabelas coat for early in the morning when it was cold, but usually either just put it in my pack and exchanged it for a light rain coat or just wore whatever sweat shirt I had on. One day it got cold enough to put some Cabela’s thermals on underneath (the high was in the low 20’s with 25 mph winds all day), but other than that, I was comfortable the entire trip like I just described.

However, I don’t get too cold- I was hunting with a guy from GA and the poor guy wore every ounce of clothing he brought with him. It was 85 in Atlanta when he left the airport and he just wasn’t accustomed to cold weather, so your mileage may vary. Don’t be afraid to pack some heavier clothing than what’s been suggested, I’m just saying because I felt bad for the fellow from GA, but he was a trooper and ended up killing a great bull on the last day.

Heal quickly and don't scar.