My guide carried two knives, a knife sharpener, an axe to cut brush and split the moose, a jet boil, a little pot, two cups for afternoon tea with our lunch.
His knives had at least 6-7 inch blades, nothing fancy but he cut through the moose in 60 - 90 minutes, gutted, quartered and loaded it on his 6 wheel ATV FOR the hour ride to the boat.
Alpha burly uninsulated boots, two pair, one pair of mine were insulated.
A FRANKENSTUD is a must, just had my brother in law order one for our upcoming hunt.
I gave mine to my guide and ordered a replacement.
Best rain gear you can buy was the advice I got.
In my pack I had KUIU rain pants, extra pair of socks, 2 24 Oz water bottles, lunch, snacks.
I wore my SWAZI RAIN JACKET as my everyday jacket. Next trip I’m bringing a wool shirt and KUIU DOWN PACKABLE super down top and bottom in case it gets cold early morning and evening sitting. The wind kicks up and you feel it.
MOST IMPORTANTLY. Actually top of the list.
1. Hire a personal trainer.
2. Work your quads, hamstrings and groin muscles. Start stretching those muscles now!
3. Start hiking with poles twice per week on ground that certainly is not flat.
4. Build endurance.
5. Ask the trainer to work you with compound excercises.

At the end of the first day those above mentioned muscles hurt so bad I thought I was done for the week. I was also battling planters facetious for the previous 9 months and it continued for the rest of the year. Not fun, I was in agony.

I got similar advice on the fire. I didn’t hire a trainer, big big mistake.
I hired one after I got back January 2019 and my final step is to loose a bit more weight for our October hunt.
I’m 68 this year and I expect I’ll be pretty fit, i don’t jog a mile, don’t have to just build yourself up slowly.