Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Is 65* and overcast with no rain too much to ask for.....?????

Subtract 20-30 degrees from that to get them on their feet to feed. Warm weather is your mortal enemy. You can always put on more/different clothing to stay warm, but, warm weather will have Moose lazing the day away somewhere you can't see/find them. 65 degrees humping bogs in knee-boots/hippers and rain gear will make you miserably sweaty and hot. 35-45 degrees and you'll be able to pace yourself for warmth and not get soaked from the inside-out by your own sweat.

Absolutely. I don't want anything to do with Moose hunting in warm weather. I like it to be in the 20's.

The only unsuccessful moose hunt I have been on was on a week where it was unseasonably warm, give me the cool/cold any time. I will second that 35-45 as perfect temp. cool enough you can walk, not so cold you suffer.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge