Originally Posted by Burleyboy

I lived in Jerusalem for 4 months. There were guns everywhere. School bus drivers all had M1 carbines, cute Israeli military girls packing Uzi's all over the city. Most Jews I met were very pro gun. There was also many different sects of Jews. Some ultra conservative and some ultra liberal with everything in between. The problem with bigotry is it paints them all the same when their not.

I'm also dismayed how any Jew can support the left and marxists ideas but then I don't understand how anyone can. I try to discriminate more on psycographics than demographics. I don't care what color, religion, etc a person is if they are conservative minded they are on my side. If they are marxists/leftist than they are a bit suspect to me.

Bb

Back in the early 1990s, I was visiting my folks, and my dad's close friend was there visiting. He's Jewish. He was complaining about gun ownership, and how it was the reason for all the crime. I mentioned to him how guns are everywhere in Israel, carried around during ordinary civilian activities in the streets, and it seems to have a crime suppressive affect rather than a crime causing affect. He became enraged, and practically called me a liar. He insisted that this was not at all the case in Israel. I then showed him several articles discussing this fact, along with pictures taken in ordinary civilian contexts in Israel, where many people were carrying openly during ordinary activities. He barely glanced at it, and continued to fume.

I suspect he knew full well that firearms, carried by regular folks (as long as they are Jewish) during ordinary activities, are prevalent in Israel. He was only unhappy that a Goy also knew.