Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by UPhiker
So Japan attacking us and Germany declaring war on us had nothing to do with us entering WW2?

Japan was intentionally maneuvered into attacking us via provocation after provocation. FDR was determined to get us into the war by hook or by crook.

You mean by not selling them resources so that they could continue their war in China? You don't have to sell anything to anybody if you don't want to. I fond it very telling that you constantly make up excuses for the Nazis and Japanese while dumping on the Allied leaders.

Um, that wasn't FDR's oil & iron to sell. It was someone else's oil & iron and FDR used the threat of violence to keep the owner from selling it. Your bid at freedom of trade/association cuts both ways.

And the League of Nations thought Japan justified in its campaign in Manchuria. First time I read that, I was dumbfounded, but it is true. China was a flipping mess. How screwed up does a region have to be such that "Invasion by the Japanese Army" is considered a reasonable solution?

Last, Japan was not a threat to America. Sure, some of our colonies were within range of serious Japanese strike capability, but continental USA? Not so much. And those colonies would never have been attacked were it not for FDR's mad rush to war.

Our leaders deserved great criticism for their perfidy. Most folks killed by gov't violence the last couple hundred years were killed by their own government's violence. I may not be a fan of some Japan's or Germany's leadership, but Tojo and Hitler had no capability to harm those of my family alive in the 1940s. FDR did and his threat of violence caused my grandfather to be grievously wounded and to die of his war wounds after FDR died in the arms of his mistress in Warm Springs, Georgia.

FDR, Churchill, and all their supporters and enablers stank on ice.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers