Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Well, the Rhineland issue went against the Versailles Treaty so had the French had any balls, it could have been stopped there. As to Poland, well when you send three Army Groups smashing across another nation's borders, that pretty much nails the "starting a war" concept.

Certainly, but aren't you begging the question a bit? What occurred leading up to the invasion of Poland of which you speak? You seem to entirely disregard the whole Danzig and Corridor affairs, both examples of Polish aggression towards Germans within their jurisdiction. Also, Poland violated Versailles first by refusing to permit the political independence and self governance of Danzig.

I didn't forget it NOR did I justify the whole concept of the Corridor, which was clearly a poke in the eye at the Germans for starting WWI (they did you know). I was just addressing what constitutes starting a war. Polish aggression? lol. You must have quite a library of Leni Riefenstahl films..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”