Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
We have been in a position from which we cannot recover for a long time. Bush set us on that path, Obama continued and Trump is carrying on with it.

I believe Carter actually forced the fiscal snowball to start building, once he destroyed the economy and thousands of businesses, if you really want to go back to the start of what actually forced us into debt to begin with.

I remember it "very" clearly, being how Texas economy came to a screeching and abrupt stop. The basturd put our 30+ year family manufacturing business out of business.

I remember the bad times of the 80's very well, from what happens when you throw a boat anchor out on the economy.....just like what has presently happened.

People do not realize the ramifications, and how quickly it can go downhill, and stay for quite awhile.

I disagree, this all start when we went off the gold standard where money meant something. Now there is nothing backing the money, now if you have one $ and then 4 and and then 8 and so forth. the only thing backing the money now day is "good will and faith". Which doesn't go very far when things get bad. Just saying. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO