Originally Posted by CraigD
Nothing wrong with a Hart rest and a good windage top! I have the same setup - shooting an old Cooper BR-50 rifle from the pre-tuner days. Shoots in the zeros to ones at 50-yards on a good day.

Impressive rifle and great shooting

Just got a Tikka T1x for local long-range (to 300-yards) league matches. So far so good for a <$500 rifle.

Ah, the older Cooper M36 IR50/50 rifle with the Jewell trigger. - Nice! You know you can most likely add a tuner to that. Contact Harrell Precision and give them your barrel diameter at the muzzle and I'm sure they'll be able to make one for you. I got a Harrell tuner brake for my Ruger American Ranch rifle in 5.56 from them last year. They really do work!

ps the knob on the end of my Turbo Sporter barrel is not an add-on tuner. It is integral with the barrel and is part of the barrel profile. It does act like a tuner (tho it is not adjustable) as the gunsmith tunes the barrel when he makes the rifle by counterboring the crown an inch or so back from the end of the barrel. The weight hanging past the crown changes the barrel's harmonics like an adjustable tuner. The amazing skill and patience it takes the gunsmith to determine how deep to counterbore the muzzle is unbelievable. My gunsmith was a true master at doing that and he never let me watch him do it.

Last edited by cooper57m; 04/12/20. Reason: added ps