As most know, 22 rifles can be finicky about which loads they like. Which is why 22 fanatics generally keep a variety of choices.to try in the "next new toy". There was a time when Federal Gold Medal match stuff was pretty good. I have probably at least a dozen or more sorts of ammo on hand, mostly plinking or hunting fodder like Fed. bulk stuff and Mini Mags. Most rifles will shoot Mini Mags fairly well, in my experience.

The most useless 22 ammo I've ever had, is Fed. Champion 40gr. That stuff doesn't shoot worth a damn in anything I've ever owned.

Still have most of a brick of Wolf Match Target. Of the rifles I've owned over the past decade or so, the only one that really shines with it, is a 1022 w/A&B .920 barrel. The CZ 455 I had, didn't take to it at all. Don't even recall what it did like, other than CCI Standard Velocity?. Have some RWS target rifle and Hornady Tac 22 that does well in one or two rifles.

If anyone remembers the Romanian M1969 trainers, we have a bunch of them at our club, for youth programs and the occasional NWTF/WITO program. My own personal clunker likes WW Wildcats more than anything else I've ever shot in it. 1/2" groups at 50 yards is the norm. Not bad for cheap ammo and a $60 rifle?

One of the more dedicated 22 shooters at our club, got a mess of CMP's Eley Club. That stuff works pretty good in one of his old M52 Winnies. He's out there multiple times per week at the 100 yard range, usually with a half dozen 22 rifles.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.