Originally Posted by cooper57m
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Originally Posted by Bristoe
okay

Where's the pics of your groups?

OMG, I never kept any.

mmmm-hmmmm

The guy who keeps pictures of small one-hole groups is most likely someone who hasn't shot too many of them.

I heard pretty much the same words from a guy who was a national BR shooter with a couple of national titles when I lived in West Texas in the 1980's. He owned a shooting specialty warehouse/shop and sold almost exclusively to other BR shooters even though his doors were open to anyone. High dollars stuff for the most part but like a candy store for many people. The business was Fowler Shooters Supply and it was on the north side of the Odessa Midland Highway about half way between the two towns. He sold actions, barrels, stocks, scopes, bullets, and many other things that catered to the BR shooter at the time.

His similar response to cooper57's reply to Bristoe was to a guy who came in there one day while I was there and asked if his "stuff" was so good at his prices, why didn't he have targets of how well the "stuff" worked on the walls............. As he was looking at a trophy case full of BR shooting trophies that belonged to the shop owner.

The owner's name was Jeff Fowler and he is no longer with us. He had moved back east from where he originally came from - IIRC, maybe North Carolina - and he died there. He divorced his alky wife and she got the business but rapidly ran it into the ground. Jeff sold high-grade bullets and possibly other things too to other BR shooters for years before his death.

http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?52372-The-New-Fowler-Bullets

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ