Originally Posted by woodson
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Originally Posted by woodson
Been on a bourbon holiday since the lockdown. Looking to buy a few bottles tomorrow now that I’m off for a couple days. I know such things are ultimately subjective but what do you guys like in the $30 or less price point?

Ran through ryes recently. Enjoyed the spice but want to move on. I made a scene at Costco with Basil Hayden’s @ $29.99 a pop.

What say the fire, when it comes to a “value” bourbon?

Woodson.... If you can get basil Hayden’s for $30, and $30 happens to be in your range then your search is over. Jim beam is my cheaper go to and Costco basil Hayden’s is as good as it gets for cost/value..
Buffalo Trace sucks

I’m thinking the same. That said, BH, IMO, is “too smooth”. It may sound ignorant because I don’t know how else to describe it. Seems like it is missing a bit of “bite” for my liking.

Sounds like my best friend. Says it has to burn to be good. Nope. Why would I drink something that hurts or burns. When there is others out that are smooth.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....