Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by woodson
WT101 is one I’ll continue to stock. Evan Williams, IMO, is suitable as a mixer for sure.
Evan Williams might be good to keep around for in-laws or other undesirables you don't want showing back up, but only if you don't have access to that Jesse James varnish-shixt. Flying fook...try some f u cking Old Crow. Palatable.

Wanting Ethan Edwards to weigh in with his recommendation for a reasonable priced bourbon. Old Crow?
Have to confess I like Evan Black and Single Barrel.
Old Crow is drinkable, but it's last resort type stuff. WT, as I said is probably a best buy. Bulleit is good but not enough better than WT to justify the price. Henry McKenna is reasonably priced, as is George Dickel. WT is just as good, if not better. WT is pretty cheap if bought at Sam's Club in the jug. Weller's and Buffalo Trace are okay. Most of the stuff mentioned isn't as cheap as WT if bought as I specified. I have no idea if you can beat or equal the price at liquor stores because I'm usually after better stuff if I bother going to one. $32.95 for WT, IIRC. It used to be substantially cheaper too. I mentioned this several years back and later noted people on here who hate my guts quietly switching over to it as their favorite, usually from Buffalo Trace. BT does have a cooler label though. lol

For Rye you just cannot beat Rendezvous Rye by High West. It is of moderate price though and not the answer to the OP's question. Rebecca Creek for a moderately priced American Whiskey.

IMO Evan Williams, Jack Daniels and Jim Beam are all swill.