auk1124;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the day's a fine one in your part of Kentucky and that this finds you all well.

The ruling is - as I understood it in the leaked document read yesterday - that the restriction was bore over 20mm and/or a maximum foot pound or joule rating. If I was going to guess that's aimed at taking away the .50BMG rifles that some folks like to plink at long range with.

To the best of my knowledge, no shooting has ever occurred in Canada with any sort of long range target rifle - but they do look scary and in my opinion that's the primary criteria for determining firearms laws in Canada. The fact that the best tools for defending our lives from creatures such as Polar or Grizzly bears does not occur to them, as the closest they'll come to either bear is discussing how global climate change is affecting the poor bears whilst sipping a pumpkin spice late down in some coffee shop in Toronto or Ottawa.

The Liberal and leftist who are driving this think they can have support of "regular everyday Canadians" to remove scary things first. It's for the greater good of society after all, right?

Again sir, as I'm emphatically the very antithesis of a left leaning globalist, the above is sheer speculation on my part.

Perhaps if I suffer some sort of industrial accident and loose 3/4 of my brain function I'd be better able to understand their motives, but at present that's as close a guess as I'm able to muster.

All the best to you folks sir. Stay well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"