Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by ofelas
Unfortunately the Maritimers, with their seasonal occupations, have been brainwashed into voting for the Liberal Govt due to the off season handouts that they receive.

Bang on observation about Maritimers. Makes me sick.

No offence to you Super, your one of the few good ones. As a former maritimer who left 40 years ago and finally returned for a visit 40 years later I was shocked at how attitudes have changed there. The majority of small town redneck kids who I grew up and went to school with with have done a full 360. Some still have heads on their shoulders but the majority have succumbed to left wing social engineering hook line and sinker. It was depressingly hard to fathom. The Maritimes might as well be a bedroom community of Toronto. The brain drain people speak about that has happened there with so many of the best and brightest leaving for greener pastures in the west over the decades has certainly had an effect. It has become a cloistered federally dependent enclave who have no intention of ever being weaned from the tit of federal gov't handouts..